ENGLAND AND MANY PARTS OF THE UK ARE IN LOCKDOWN UNTIL DECEMBER 3RD 2020. DURING THIS PERIOD, MOST STORES CLASSIFIED AS ‘NON-ESSENTIAL’ ARE CLOSED. IN MOST CASES THE ONLINE OPERATIONS OF THESE STORES ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SOME GIFT CARDS CANNOT BE SPENT ONLINE AND SOME RETAILERS DO NOT OPERATE AN ONLINE SHOP. OUR BEST ADVICE DURING THIS PERIOD IS TO SEND A DIGITAL PRODUCT.
At Voucher Express we recognise that that there's a lot on everyone's mind just now. Within the UK, our service to you has not been impacted and deliveries are continuing to be made normally. We have, however, updated some of our processes to continue to prioritise the wellbeing of both our customers and that of our amazing team.
Our delivery partners have implemented some changed procedures. Royal Mail has issued the following statement on the safety of receiving parcels:
"Public Health England (PHE) has advised that people receiving parcels are not at risk of contracting the coronavirus. From experience with other coronaviruses, we know that these types of viruses don’t survive long on objects, such as letters or parcels. This complements the highly publicised guidance from PHE for people to wash their hands more often than usual using soap and hot water".
For more on this, visit Royal Mail online. Royal Mail are offering contact free delivery, which means that for the moment, you will not be asked to sign for your delivery on the hand-held device. We will normally receive a photo of your parcel at your doorstep as proof of delivery instead.
Steps we've taken
1. Extensively communicated to all our people the importance of following basic hygiene protocols in line with World Health Organisation and Pubic Health England guidance. This particularly focuses on hand hygiene and an emphasis on the importance of spatial separation.
2. As you’d expect we now operate in a strictly controlled environment with extensive use of protective screens; mandatory face coverings and daily temperature checks.
3. Split key teams into separate geographic locations to mitigate against the risk of whole teams becoming non-operative in the event of an infection or exposure.
4. We're constantly monitoring supply lines and evaluating any disruption to processes and systems.
5. As a digital agency, there are many functions that we can perform remotely so we also continue to have a large number of staff working from home.
Keeping you in the know on Retail Store Info
If we hear anything about store updates or retail Gift Cards, we'll post an update on this page but please be aware that with the situation constantly evolving, the info here may not always be 100% up to date.
Last updated: 11th November 2020
When visiting any retail outlet or store, to help stop the spread of COVID-19 always wear a facemask!
- Argos - view their latest updates and check if your local store is open here.
- ASK Italian - If your gift cards and codes were due to expire between 18th March 2020 and 30th June 2020 they have been extended until 30th September 2020.For more info and for their latest COVID-19 updates, please check here.
- B&Q - their Gift Cards and eGift cards can be redeemed in-store or online. To see B&Q's latest updates on how they have made changes to make their stores safe, please check here.
- Bentalls - If your Gift card expired while stores were closed, please be assured that it will stil be accepted when they re-open. You can check their latest updates here.
- Burton- view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- Clarks - please note that you can only use Clarks gift cards instore. You can check their latest updates here.
- Cineworld - cinemas will temporarily close until further notice from Thursday 9th October. If your Gift Card expired during lockdown, or is due to expire while they remain closed; Cineworld will arrange a replacement Gift Card for you when they re-open. To view their latest updates, please check here.
- Costa - check here for their latest updates.
- DECATHLON - find their latest updates here.
- Debenhams - check here for their latest updates.
- De Vere Hotels - they have extended the expiry date by 12 months on all gift cards due to expire between 1st April 2020 and 31 December 2020. Take a look at their latest updates here.
- Dorothy Perkins- view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- The Entertainer - to check their latest updates, click here.
- Ernest Jones - read their latest update here.
- Eurostar are still operating but on a much reduced timetable that is only intended for essential travel. To see how your travel plans may be impacted, please check their latest update here.
- Evans - view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- Fat Face - check out their latest updates here including details on opening hours for your local store. Physcial Gift Cards are not currently available for sale on Voucher Express but you can but buy their eGift Cards here.
- Fenwick - if your Gift card expired while stores were closed, please be assured that it will stil be accepted when stores are open. You can check their latest updates here.
- Foot Locker - view their COVID-19 updates here.
- GAP - check to see if your local store is open here.
- Great British Pub Card - if your Gift Card expired during the lockdown, you can use it now as the validity period has been extended to make sure you don't lose out.
- Great British Restaurant Card are pleased to announce that they are extending expiry on all GREENE KING / GREAT BRITISH PUB CARD gift cards. If you hold an active gift card that had not expired prior to 21st March 2020, and was purchased prior to 6th July 2020, you will have an additional six months to redeem that card. You can check your gift card balance online here. We’re really looking forward to welcoming you back and we’ve been working hard behind the scenes on the new Pub Safe promise to make sure you and our teams are as safe as possible in the pub environment you know and love. Please check the pub finder on our websites to see which pubs and restaurants are open near you.
- H.Samuel - check out their latest update here.
- Halfords stores are open but most stores are not open for general browsing. You can use the stores for click and collect only and for Drive in, fit and repair services. Gift Cards and eGift cards cannot currently be spent online but Halfords will extend validity on their Gift Cards to ensure you can still spend them when their stores fully re-open. To see their latest updates, please check here.
- Harvey Nichols - please contact the Harvey Nichols Customer Service Team by email or call +44(0) 207 259 444 for assistance on how to use your Harvey Nichols Gift Card towards an online purchase. You can read their latest updates on store openings here.
- Hobbycraft - check info on individual stores here.
- Homesense - you can view their latest updates on the safety measures they have in place here.
- IKEA - Gift Cards can be redeemed in store or online and there is no expiry. You can read their latest updates explaning changes they've made to protect staff and customers here.
- Inspire Travel Card - you can read their latest COVD-19 statement here.
- John Lewis - their Gift Cards can be redeemed online or instore at John Lewis and Waitrose. You can review their latest statement here.
- JoJo Maman Bébé - check out their latest updates and to see if your local store is open, please take a look here.
- Joules Check for their latest updates regarding store re-openings here.
- lastminute.com - for their latest updates, check here.
- M&S - take a look at their latest updates here.
- Matalan - check out their latest updates here.
- Miss Selfridge - view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- National Book Tokens - check with your local bookstore to see if they are open. Alternatively, you can still spend your book tokens online at Blackwells.
- National Trust Gift Cards - some locations have re-opened but check the National Trust website to see if you need to book before you make your trip. To review their latest updates, please check here.
- New Look - check their latest updates including whether your local store is open here.
- Next - view their latest updates, check here.
- Oasis has sadly now gone into administration. Gift Cards can no longer be purchased or redeemed. If you have an unspent Oasis Gift Card or eGift Card, you will need to contact the Oasis and Warehouse support line on 0808 178 3018. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
- Pizza Express have advised that all Gift Cards and eGifts due to expire between 25th March and 30th June 2020 have now been extended through to 31st December 2020. Customers do not need to do anything to benefit from this as the extension will be automatic. Check here for their latest COVID-19 update.
- Primark - if your Gift Card expires whilst stores were closed, don't worry because Primark will be adding an additional 12 months to the validity period for all their Gift cards and eGift cards. Check their latest updates here.
- Record Tokens - check with your local store is open before visiting. You can still spend them online at Banquet Records, Reflex Record Shop, What Records and The Rock Box.
- Restaurant Choice - If your Gift Card has expired during lockdown, you can call their customer service team on +44 (0) 330 123 3471 for assistance.
- River Island - check their latest updates here.
- Screwfix are accepting orders in store again but they'd prefer you to use the click and collect and home delivery services if you can. Check for their latest updates here.
- Selfridges - view their latest updates here.
- Sports Direct - take a look at their latest update here.
- Ted Baker - if your Gift Card expired while the stores were closed, please contact the Ted Baker customer service team to see if they can help. For their latest updates, please check here.
- Ticketmaster - for the latest info from Ticketmaster, please refer to their statement online. You can also check out their comprehensive information portal for information on cancelled and rescheduled events.
- Theatre Tokens - all theatres are currently closed but you will be able spend your Theatre Tokens when theatres re-open as they do not expire. For their latest COVID-19 info, please take a look here.
- TK Maxx - view their latest updates on the safety measures they have in place here.
- Topman - view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- Topshop - view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- Virgin Experience Days are offering free extensions on their Gift Cards. Please check their statement and instructions on how to benefit from this. You can check out their full statement on COVID-19 here. If you need to contact Virgin Experience Days, please use this form to contact their customer service team.
- Wagamama - you can find out which stores are open here. Due to running contact free orders, gift cards are not accepted.
- Wallis - view their latest COVID-19 statement here.
- Warehouse has sadly now gone into administration. Gift Cards can no longer be purchased or redeemed. If you have an unspent Warehouse Gift Card or eGift Card, you will need to contact the Oasis and Warehouse support line on 0808 178 3018. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
- Whistles - Gift Cards can only be redeemed in store. You can read their latest updates on store re-openings here.
- WHSmith - take a look at their latest updates including info on store re-openings here.
- The White Company - you can use your White Company gift cards in-store and online. For further updates click here.
- Wickes - Wickes Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online but you will be able to use your Gift Card when stores re-open, or if you would prefer a refund on your Gift Card, please contact Wickes directly. Their latest updates are here.
We also have a range of digital eGift Cards available, which can be delivered by straight to your loved one's inbox.